top of page
The 8 Essential Habits
There are essential habits that research has shown to help us live longer, healthier, happier lives with more energy, less disease, and more joy. These 8 essential habits will help YOU be your most excellent self! When you register for The Lifestyle Makeover Challenge, you'll use the Tracker to set goals and motivate your success while you earn badges, unlock prizes, and score cool swag when you reach life-improving milestones!
The first four nutritional habits are what we refer to as the ENERGY HABITS. As your eating and drinking choices improve you'll find yourself enjoying more energy from the inside out!
1. Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential for optimal functioning of your internal organs, your brain, and even your mood. Try for 8/8: 8 ounces of water or other healthy beverage 8 times a day! Read more...
Nutritional Habits 1-4
For maximum performance, it all starts with the fuel. We get most of our energy from carb sources, which we typically think of as breads and grains. Go for whole grains and healthy Omega 3 and unsaturated fats while avoiding white flour, white rice, sugar, and saturated fats.
Read more about whole grains
Read more about healthy fats
2. High Performance (the GRAITS: GRAIns and faTS)
3. Fruitables: Fruits and vegetables are loaded with disease fighting phytochemicals, vitamins, and fiber. When in doubt, grab a plout! Fruitables are the true magic for health and weight control! Go for at least 5 servings of Fruitables every day. Read more...
4. Lean Machine:
When you eat mini-meals throughout the day, you're running lean and clean! Each mini-meal should include a lean protein and some fruits, veggies and some whole grains to keep your energy going strong like a well-oiled machine! Read more...
The second set of four habits are what we refer to as POWER HABITS. Think of them as emPOWERing YOU to be your very best self by improving your physical and emotional well-being.
5. Stamina: Cardiovascular health keeps your heart strong and staves off high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and a plethora of other negative health
issues. Walking,jogging, playing
sports, hiking, swimming, dancing or playing in the park will keep you active, healthy, and happy! Try to engage in heart-healthy activities for 30 minutes every day. Read more...
Health Habits 5-8
6. Strength & Balance:
In order to live healthy and happy you need to keep your body strong! Muscular conditioning makes life's
daily tasks a breeze, increases your metabolism, and strengthens your joints and bones. Yoga, Pilates, bootcamps, weight lifting, and body-weight exercises all qualify! Read more...
7. Personal Growth:
Keeping your mind and spirit healthy will increase your happiness and vitality! Strength of soul and character is what builds your confidence and success in allaspects of life. Nurture your spirit and soul to tap into your true power to live your best, most authentic life. Make time every day to take care of yourself so that you can be your best YOU. Read more...
8. Rejuvination: The only time your body is able to heal itself and repair the damage from your day is by getting some good quality sleep. You need sleep to keep your immune system strong, to repair and rebuild tissue, and to keep your mind strong and your attitude positive. Go for 7-8 hours of good sleep every 24 hours. Yes, naps count! Yay! Read more...
bottom of page